Date(s) - 08/06/2017
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Instructor – Victoria McOmie 503-936-4416
Call Victoria to register or book your space below.
This one day class offered on August 27
Sunday 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
Students will use oil pastel, pencils, acrylic paint and collage to create a multi-layered artwork on board. Encouragement will be given for each artist to try new processes at any skill level. The instructor will give art prompts to guide the work on a journey for new perspectives and create a work that is meaningful to each student.
The class is scheduled for one day sessions with additional dates available to continue on work made in class or start new pieces.
Materials the student should provide:
- white acrylic paint
- oil pastels, a small box of any brand.
- 2 metal or plastic spackle knives: one small 1.5” wide, one 3” wide (like the ones to fix holes in walls- can be found at hardware stores.)
- Your favorite drawing and mark making tools (choose those that work well on acrylic surface). A pencil is the only requirement.
- brushes for acrylic painting. One each of 1” 2” and 3” flat (The cheap pure bristle kind found at hardware stores are fine). Bring any brushes that you have for acrylic painting.
- Old hand towels or paper towels
- paper palettes or paint tray
- 3-5 containers for mixing colors
- kneaded eraser, must be a large size, gray kneaded eraser
- small spray bottle for water
- gloves. The kind that are used in exams. I will have some but if you have a pair that fits bring it. It’s important that they are a close fit on your hand and impervious to water.
- apron if you like to wear one when painting
Materials the instructor will provide:
- Matte medium for collage
- 2 boards 12” x 12”. Additional panels will be available for $5.00 each
- tools to share in classroom
- acrylic paints
Fees: $30 for ASA members, $35 for non members.
Material fee: $15 if applicable for incidentals purchased from the instructor.
Call Victoria with questions or to register or book your space for this date below.
Bookings are closed for this event.