Don’t forget tomorrow, July 30th is our Monthly Potluck and Member Meeting. We meet in the ASA classroom. The potluck itself starts at 6:00 PM, the short Member Meeting begins about 6:30. Join us for great food and conversation. Network with your fellow artists and art lovers for a casual, fun evening. Hope to see you there!
The subject for Guided Open Studio this Thursday, August 1st from 1:00 to 4:00 PM will be pets; either dogs, cats, birds, or whatever you would like to try. Arlon Gilliland will offer guidance and help with techniques as well as photo references. There is never a fee, but donations are appreciated. Please plan on bringing in your own supplies.
There is still time to enroll in our Mandala Rocks class on Sunday, August 4th
from 1 to 4 PM. Students will learn how to prepare rocks for painting. Then, using simple techniques, will create a beautiful, possibly mesmerizing, piece of art. Click here to be taken to the class web page for full details and the opportunity to enroll online.
Have you forgotten how to use your sewing machine or, bought a new one and wonder “what are these things for”? Come and learn in our class MAKE FRIENDS WITH YOUR SEWING MACHINE. This is a one-day class offered on two different days. The evening class will not have a lunch break. Bring a sack lunch for a quick bite in the daytime class. This class is offered on Aug 10th from 10:30 AM to 2:30 PM and on Aug 12th from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM and will be taught by JoAnn Ballantyne, who was formerly a manager for Husqvarna/Viking Sewing Machine Corp. To see full class details and the opportunity to enroll online click here for the Aug 10th daytime class or here for the Aug 12th evening class.
CALL TO ARTISTS
We received the letter below from Sara Krainik, the ArtsCare Program Coordinator for Samaritan Health Services. Here is a wonderful opportunity for you to have your art hanging in a nearby health facility that serves many from our area. The guidelines and proposal form are attached at the bottom of this email.
Hello Artists Studio Association,
We are in the process of procuring original artwork for the Mario Pastega House expansion project on the Samaritan campus in Corvallis. We will be both purchasing artwork and accepting donations to help create a warm, healing environment for patients and guests that stay in the house while getting medical procedures done at Good Sam.
I am hoping that you can distribute the attached guidelines and proposal form to all artists in your group, as we would love to have some of their work on display!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.
ArtsCare Program Coordinator
Samaritan Health Services
- JEWELRY – WORKING WITH CHAIN – 08/03/2019 – 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- MANDALA ROCKS – 08/04/2019 – 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- MAKE FRIENDS WITH YOUR SEWING MACHINE – 08/10/2019 – 10:30 am – 2:30 pm
- MAKE FRIENDS WITH YOUR SEWING MACHINE – 08/12/2019 – 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- LOCAL LIGHTHOUSES – 08/17/2019 – 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- RAKU POTTERY – 08/18/2019 – 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
- RAKU POTTERY – 08/18/2019 – 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm
SAVE THE DATE:
- Monthly Potluck Member Meeting– 07/30/2019 – 6:00 – 7:30 pm
- Guided Open Studio– 08/01/2019 – 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Mosaic Open Studio– 08/02/2019 – 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Guided Open Studio– 08/08/2019 – 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Mosaic Open Studio– 08/09/2019 – 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- ASA Board Meeting– 08/15/2019 – 10:00 am – 11:30 am
- Guided Open Studio– 08/15/2019 – 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Mosaic Open Studio– 08/16/2019 – 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Mosaic Guild Meetings– 08/16/2019 – 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm