- ART SMART – SPACE ADVENTURE – 04/27/2019 – 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
- ART SMART – SPACE ADVENTURE (Class Full) – 04/27/2019 – 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
- ART SMART – SPACE ADVENTURE (Class Full) – 04/27/2019 – 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- COASTAL LANDSCAPE ABSTRACTED – ACRYLIC – 04/28/2019 – 04/29/2019 – 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- MOSAIC STEPPING STONE (Day 1) – 05/03/2019 – 11:00 am – 3:30 pm
- MOSAIC STEPPING STONE (Day 2) – 05/04/2019 – 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- THE ARTIST’S WAY WITH MIXED MEDIA – 05/05/2019 – 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
The subject for Guided Open Studio this Thursday, April 25th from 1:00 to 4:00 PM will be “backlit trees in the forest”. There will be photo references available in the ASA classroom. Arlon Gilliland will offer guidance and help with techniques. There is never a fee, but donations are appreciated. Please plan on bringing in your own supplies.
There is still room in the upcoming class “The Artist’s Way with Mixed Media” Sunday, May 5th from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. This class will use the classic “The Artist’s Way” by Julia Cameron as a guidebook to discover and renew your creative potential with mixed media. We will make a simple folded 6 page art book to illustrate with images and text. The tools and materials will be pastel, pencil, acrylic paint or watercolor and collage. Some journaling will be done from exercises in The Artist’s Way. Emphasis will be on fun and easy ways to enrich our day with art! There is no experience necessary. Click here for complete details and to register online.
The People’s Choice Award for April/May is:
Tammy Hayes for Sandpipers at Sunset.
Other artists receiving votes were:
JoAnn Ballantyne for Alone
Leoda Barr for The Cairn
Kathy Cope for Riverwalk
Catherine Hingson for Yaquina Bay Lighthouse
Ruth Hugeback for Three Pears
Carol Jurasin for Three Rose Bushes
Nancy McEwen for Winter Hues
Sandy Shepard for Happy
Susanne Tsang for London Calling|
Rosemary Wood-Hemm for Lilac Tree
Our Monthly Member Meeting and Potluck is coming up a week from today, Tuesday, April 30th from 6 to 7:30 PM. Join us for good food and conversation. Find out what is new and on the horizon for ASA. Don’t miss it!
Please remember that our ASA Treasurer, Kathy Cope, will be out of town for two weeks starting April 20th. If you have any sales made or reimbursements submitted during that time frame, please be aware there will be a delay. Kathy will start processing them when she returns, which will be about May 5th.
SAVE THE DATE: